Art Reproduction - Franz Eybl 'Girl Reading' Part 1 - Grisaille with Oil Colors

Art Reproduction - Franz Eybl 'Girl Reading' Part 1 - Grisaille with Oil Colors Portrait reproduction - Franz Eybl "Girl Reading" - Grisaille with oil paint (part 1)

The oil painting of the reading girl from 1850 by Franz Eybl fascinated me so much - I could not but paint a reproduction of it.
I have decided to make a Grisaille first - a picture with shades of gray.
I used oil colors (Titanium White and Ivory Black) to make 9 shades of gray.
To the middle tone, I have added Burnt Umbra according to the recommendation of a painter to achieve a warmer color. I would not do that again in the future, but you learn from doing things.
In the 9-tone method, each two adjacent tones are mixed together.
From the photo of the template I have created a color-desaturated and 9-colored posterized template for my painting with the software GIMP on my PC.
Here I show the formation of the Grisaille, sometimes in very quick time-lapse and I am glad if you like it.

Background sound: "Ibiza Dream" by Jingle Chris Haugen from YouTube Audio Library

You are welcome at my YouTube Channel
Please have a look at my website

--- Deutsch ---

Portrait-Reproduktion - Franz Eybl "Lesendes Mädchen" - Grisaille mit Ölfarbe (Teil 1)

Das Ölgemälde des lesenden Mädchens aus dem Jahr 1850 von Franz Eybl hat mich so fasziniert - ich musste einfach eine Reproduktion davon malen.
Ich habe mich entschieden, zuerst eine Grisaille - ein Bild mit Grautönen - anzufertigen.
Ich habe Ölfarben (Weiss und Schwarz) benutzt, um 9 Grautöne aufzubereiten.
Zu dem mittleren Tonwert habe ich der Empfehlung eines Malers entsprechend etwas gebranntes Umbra beigefügt um eine wärmere Färbung zu erzielen. Das würde ich zukünftig nicht mehr machen, aber man lernt ja dazu.
Bei der 9-Ton-Methode werden immer zwei nebeneinander angeordnete Farbtöne miteinander gemischt.
Von dem Foto der Vorlage habe ich mit der Software GIMP auf meinem PC eine farbentsättigte und mit 9 Tönen posterisierte Vorlage für meine Malerei angefertigt.
Hier zeige ich die Entstehung der Grisaille, teilweise in sehr starkem Zeitraffer und freue mich, wenn es Dir gefällt.

Hintergrund-Sound: "Ibiza Dream" von Chris Haugen aus der YouTube Audio Library

Besuchen Sie auch gerne meine Website

Malerei,Ölmalerei,Dieter Becker,DLII,Gaggenau,Alte Meister,Reproduktion,Portrait,Franz Eybl,Grisaille,Unione,Renaissance,Belvedere,Wien,

Comments