How I Get Straight A's Without Studying

How I Get Straight A's Without Studying I didn’t have the best childhood. I guess it was my mom’s fault, she always criticised me and said “Why aren’t you smarter? Why aren’t you prettier? No guy will ever date a girl like you.”
You can imagine how I grew up quite insecure. I avoided making friends because I thought no on liked me anyway. But that changed in 11th grade. I became friends with Lina, and she had a reputation of being a bad girl. We started going to parties together, and I felt like I finally belonged.
There, I met this one guy called Milo. We had so much fun together that I decided to move out of my mom’s place and in with him. He was 4 years older than me, but he was just as much of a mess as I was. After I barely graduated from high school, we partied every single night. Sounds fun right? But it wasn’t really.
I felt more and more like a loser, so I decided to enroll in college. It was quite expensive though, and I had to go on credit. But I hoped that being in debt would motivate me to finally start studying and get control of my life.
But that wasn’t the case. I still didn’t study and got terrible grades on my exams.
One day my professor asked me why I was struggling with his material, and I told him I had a problem sitting down and concentrating. He said I shouldn’t worry and that I could study right next to him.
It sounded like a wonderful idea, so I agreed. And it worked for the first 2 weeks. But then I stopped showing up. My professor was very disappointed and told me “If you don’t start studying, you won’t pass your exam.”
But I knew it was already too late and didn’t even try. I mean, I still took the exam, but it was a disaster. I only knew maybe 5% of the answers.
After the exam, I went back to my professor. I said, “I completely messed it up! I’m so sorry. I really wanted to study, but I just didn’t know how-”
He said “well, it’s too late now anyway.”
Uh… I wanted to cry. But then I noticed that all the other students had already left. In a last attempt to persuade my professor to give me another chance, I sat with my big butt on his lap.
He said “what are you doing?”
And I said “I’m so sorry, but I can’t take it anymore. I have so much stress living at home and I just need someone to give me a hug.”
I pressed myself against him. And I think he really felt bad for me. Because after I told him a bit more about my problems, he offered to let me move in with him.

Studying

Comments